Lilliputian Montessori School’s mission is to provide individualized education that fosters the whole child’s social, emotional, physical, and academic development in a safe, peaceful and nurturing environment. Deeply rooted in the Montessori philosophy and methods of guidance (teaching) we aim to preserve the natural wonder and curiosity that is within every child.
Through our cultural educational practices we embrace the development of a positive global perspective. This in combination with our grace and courtesy curriculum enhances our commitment to give back to our community and allows children to gain first hand experience in the importance of serving others.
We believe in educating the whole child to the fullest potential through the Montessori principles of student-centered/learner-friendly practices in a peaceful environment that fosters the cognitive, social, physical and emotional development of the child.
- That each child is a unique human being, deserving love and respect
- In attending to each child’s individual needs that they may blossom and grow
- In our abilities to help guide children to develop positive attitudes toward school and learning
- In nurturing each child to facilitate the development of self-esteem and to help them recognize their own potential
- In assisting each child on their personal journey toward building habits of concentration for lifelong learning
- In fostering and preserving the abiding curiosity and wonder within every child
- In guiding children to develop habits of initiative and persistence
- In encouraging children, that they may strengthen their inner discipline and sense of order
- In guiding the child to cultivate meaningful friendships and develop socially acceptable behavior
Policy on Non-Discrimination
The Lilliputian Montessori School does not discriminate in educational or employment opportunities, or access to programs on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, citizenship, pregnancy, veteran status, age, mental or physical disability, genetic identification, or any other personal characteristic protected by law.
Anyone with questions or concerns about any type of discrimination at Lilliputian is encouraged to bring these issues to the attention of the Classroom Teachers or the President of the Board of Directors. Employees, students, parents and visitors can raise concerns and make reports without fear of reprisal. Anyone found to be engaging in any type of unlawful discrimination will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment or services.