New! For the 2023-2024 School Year
We are excited to announce that The Lilliputian Montessori School has merged with The Children’s Path, LLC (a licensed TimberNook provider) to become one organization entitled “The Lilliputian School,” effective August 1, 2023.
Philosophy and Pedagogy
Our merger is exciting because it brings together the TimberNook experience with the Montessori method, while being rooted in our place - the Mount Washington Valley. Among early childhood centers in our region, we are proud to be the leading center for child-led outdoor learning experiences that embrace the foundational principles of Montessori.
For the new school year there will be significant continuity of philosophy, approach, and curriculum for our families, with a few notable changes. First of all, we will become a TimberNook certified school for preschool classes and offer an Outdoor Play-Based learning environment for our Toddler and Young Toddler classes that will prepare them for the TimberNook experience. Second, we will become “Montessori-inspired” instead of “Montessori” to reflect the integration of TimberNook into the school. We strive to offer the best of both approaches, from young toddler through preschool.
TimberNook programs are authentic and research-backed outdoor play experiences designed to inspire child-directed learning. What does this mean? In a nutshell, your child will be able to experience all types of weather while being encouraged to think and play in new and creative ways.
Meanwhile, the Montessori method, materials, and aesthetic will weave through the entire Lilliputian School. This means that your child will continue to experience the child-led work of the classroom in the areas of practical life, sensorial, math, language and cultural life.
Sites and Programs
The Lilliputian School will operate at two sites with dedicated teachers for each class.
Young Toddler Program | Ages: 12mos-24mos | Half Day: 8:30am-12:45pm or Full Day: 8:30am-3:15pm
Location: 64 Seavey Street, North Conway
Outside Time: 1-2 hours
Toddler Program | Ages: 24mos-42mos | Half Day: 8:30am-12:45pm or Full Day: 8:30am-3:15pm
After Care: 3:15pm-4:15pm
Location: 65 Seavey Street, North Conway
Outside Time: 2-3 hours
Preschool Program | Ages: 42mos-72mos | Half Day: 8:30am-1:00pm or Full Day: 8:30am-3:15pm
After Care: 3:15pm-4:15pm
Location: 3470 White Mountain Hwy, Intervale
Outside time: 3-4 hours
* Note: Seavey St. is the existing location of The Lilliputian Montessori School and White Mountain Highway is the existing location of The Children’s Path, LLC/TimberNook Preschool Program.
- 5-Day Program - Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday
- 3-Day Program - Monday, Tuesday & Wednesday
- 2-Day Program - Thursday & Friday
Click here to view our Tuition Rates for the 2023-2024 School Year: LMS Tuition Rates 2023 2024
- That each child is a unique human being, deserving love and respect
- In attending to each child’s individual needs that they may blossom and grow
- In our abilities to help guide children to develop positive attitudes toward school and learning
- In nurturing each child to facilitate the development of self-esteem and to help them recognize their own potential
- In assisting each child on their personal journey toward building habits of concentration for lifelong learning
- In fostering and preserving the abiding curiosity and wonder within every child
- In guiding children to develop habits of initiative and persistence
- In encouraging children, that they may strengthen their inner discipline and sense of order
- In guiding the child to cultivate meaningful friendships and develop socially acceptable behavior
Policy on Non-Discrimination
The Lilliputian School does not discriminate in educational or employment opportunities, or access to programs on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, citizenship, pregnancy, veteran status, age, mental or physical disability, genetic identification, or any other personal characteristic protected by law.
Anyone with questions or concerns about any type of discrimination at The Lilliputian School is encouraged to bring these issues to the attention of the Classroom Teachers or the President of the Board of Directors. Employees, students, parents, caregivers and visitors can raise concerns and make reports without fear of reprisal. Anyone found to be engaging in any type of unlawful discrimination will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment or services.